Monroe County Municipal Waste Management Authority Integrated Municipal Waste Management System Fee
In accordance with the Monroe County Municipal Waste Management Plan, The Monroe County Municipal Waste Management Authority at its November Board of Directors meeting has set the Integrated Municipal Waste Management System Disposal Fee for 2016 at the following Monroe County Designated Disposal Facility’s.
Alliance Sanitary Landfill
389 S. Keyser Avenue
Taylor PA, 18517
Disposal Rate: $61.75
Grand Central Sanitary Landfill
1963 Pen Argyl Road
Pen Argyl, PA 18072
Disposal Rate: $72.25
These Rates are inclusive of all Federal, State, County and local fees, benefits and taxes. Disposal rates are set by formal action of the Monroe County Municipal Waste Management Authority.
Monroe County Waste Haulers pay this rate per ton to the Landfill at the time of disposal. The average individual generates less than (1) ton of Municipal Waste per year according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The difference in cost per individual for 2016 over 2015 rates is less than $1.00 per year on average. The cost for municipal waste disposal and the programs funded by the Integrated Municipal Waste Management System are funded by this disposal rate. This does not include the cost for the collection of municipal waste provided by your waste hauler.
The following services are provided and funded by The Integrated Municipal Waste Management System:
1. Guaranteed Landfill Disposal capacity for all of Monroe County Municipal Waste
2. Full time Universal Waste Disposal Programs:
– Tire Disposal
– Electronic Device Disposal
– Fluorescent Tube disposal
3. Road Kill Deer Collection
4. Litter Control, Pick-up and Beatification Programs
5. Police Department for County Ordinance enforcement- Protection of Environment and Public, Health & Safety
6. Community Educational Programs and Events
7. Back Yard Composting Classes