The Waste Authority regulates 8 recycling sites around Monroe County, all of which are FREE to the public. We allow businesses to bring their recyclables to our facility in Blakeslee. Before you enter our receiving facility, you must register at the front. In some instances, we may offer a rebate for your material.
Illegal Dumping Is Prohibited!
- Newspaper, magazines, catalogs, and office paper
- All paper – unless contaminated with food, grease, etc.
- Books – hard & soft cover
- Cereal boxes
- Junk mail
- Juice cartons
- Corrugated cardboard
- Plastics – all numbers
- Plastic bottles, containers, milk jugs, and juice jugs
- Detergent bottles
- Aerosol cans, bi-metal cans, tin cans, and aluminum cans
- Glass – all colors (NO ceramics, plate glass, dishes, or light bulbs)