The Waste Authority regulates 2 recycling sites in Monroe County, all of which are currently FREE to the public. Businesses may bring their recyclables to our facility in Blakeslee however you must register first with our receptionist.
Illegal Dumping Is Prohibited!
Before you go, please verify a location’s hours of operation. At our drop-off locations we accept the following:
- Acceptable Paper: Office paper, newspaper, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, cereal boxes, soda and beer cartons, soft cover and paper back books- No if contaminated with food or grease
- Acceptable Cardboard: Corrugated only. No Pizza boxes
- Acceptable Plastics: 1 and 2 only
- Acceptable Bi-Metal, Tin and Aluminum: Cans only
- Acceptable Glass: All color food and beverage bottles only. NO ceramics, mirrors, plate glass, dishes, or light bulbs
- If you deposit unacceptable items, you are contaminating the material and are illegally dumping.
Don’t forget to view our complete list of acceptable & unacceptable items.