Safety Policies and Procedures
If you are sick, we urge you to stay home for your safety and the safety of the public and staff.
- COVID 19 Protection/Personal Protective Equipment – A protective mask is required to enter the recycling site. If you do not have a protective mask or refuse to wear one, you will be asked to leave the premises.
- The Waste Authority permit for recycling must always be displayed and visible for the site attendant
- There will always be a limited number of vehicles allowed on site. Parking spaces will be assigned by site attendant
- To safely practice social distancing, only one person will be allowed at each recycling receptacle to dispose of their recyclables. If the receptacles are in use, you must remain in your vehicle until it becomes available. Absolutely no exceptions. Your permit will be revoked, and you will no longer be permitted to access any Waste Authority operated recycling site.
- All recyclables must be rinsed, and cardboard boxes must be broken down
- No Styrofoam or garbage will be accepted. If you leave anything on the ground, you are illegally dumping. Unacceptable items must return to your residence for proper disposal.
- Recycling is a market driven commodity industry. Acceptable items may change from time to time and without notice. Anyone who refuses to follow directions of the Waste Authority or of the onsite attendant, may be subject to fines and penalties for violation of the Monroe County Municipal Waste Management Ordinance.
- The Waste Authority reserves the right to revoke a permit at any time and for any reason.
- For the safety of the public and Authority personnel, the Waste Authority reserves the right to modify rules and regulations as it deems fit without advanced notice.
- Any unacceptable items must be removed from the facility and returned to your residence for proper disposal. List of acceptable items.
Drop-off Location Registration: A rear view mirror hang tag will be mailed to you, therefore we will need a legitimate mailing address below. In order to visit our drop-off sites, please have the tag displayed for attendants to see. This application and the original hang tag is free. If you need a replacement tag CLICK HERE!
If you are uncomfortable with the site registration policy or do not feel safe utilizing our site, please understand that you can arrange to have your Waste Hauler add recycling service to your trash collection. Our sites are a secondary option to the services provided by your waste hauler. Every municipality has an ordinance that requires property owners to have a waste hauler and requires every waste hauler to provide recycling service to property owners. This service can be added with a nominal fee.